Tuesday 27 January 2015

'Alice in Wonderland' Royal Mail Stamps

Hello Elementareaders!

So who’s seen Royal Mails new ‘Alice in Wonderland’ postage stamps? They’re absolutely gorgeous! I rushed down to my local post office to grab a pack but unfortunately they were all sold out so I had to buy online. I opted for the ‘Presentation Pack’ which was a little bit pricier than the standard set, but it came with all 10 stamps and a fold-out card with a biography of Lewis Carroll and the story of how ‘Alice in Wonderland’ came to be.


The stamps come in this beautiful pack. The stamps are loose and can be removed (I had to open mine and straighten them up as they moved around a bit in the post). They are covered by a clear plastic film for protection.







I think my favourites are the Cheshire Cat and the Mad Tea Party ones, although the artwork on all of them is gorgeous. I would love to see an illustrated edition of the novel with this artwork!








So what do you all think of the stamps? What are your favourites? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.

I think they're so much prettier in person and I'm so glad I bought the set. 

Where to buy:
Alternatively, you should be able to buy them from most UK post offices


“Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to."
"I don't much care where –"
"Then it doesn't matter which way you go.” 
'Alice in Wonderland' by Lewis Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment