Thursday 22 January 2015

An Introduction!

Hey there Elementareaders!

This is just a little introductory post to let you all know a bit about who I am and what my blog is going to be about.

My name's Rachael, I'm 23 and I live in England. I'm a big reader and book collector. I currently own around 2500 books and I just can't seem to stop myself from buying more! It’s unlikely that I’ll ever be able to read all the books I want to but that’s not going to stop me from filling my head with as many authors' words as possible.

My favourite genres are YA, Dystopian, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Contemporary, Middle-Grade and Graphic Novels / Comic Books. Although I do reads book that fall outside of those categories too. Favourite authors include J. K. Rowling, J. R. R. Tolkien (but I really need to re-read the LOTR trilogy!), Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Lewis Carroll, C. S. Lewis, John Green, Suzanne Collins and Rick Riordan. There are plenty more authors that I love but I think those are the stand-outs (or at least one’s I'm thinking of as I'm writing this). I'm always on the look-out for new authors and new books to read.

I love collecting my favourite books in different editions. If I see another cover that I adore I just have to buy it! I also really like collecting old antiquarian book as the covers are just beautiful and I love that old book smell. I think the oldest book I own is a non-fiction book about plates and hallmarks which was published in 1886. Not the most interesting subject matter to me but the edition is really pretty and in such good condition for its age.

This blog won’t be all about books though. I plan on writing about everything that interests me. I may review some television shows or films. I’ll probably talk about comic books and science fiction quite a bit. And I reckon I'll also be reviewing my subscription boxes, mainly Loot Crate. What can I say, I'm a geek.

But primarily this blog will be book reviews and discussions. I'm by no means a professional reviewer so sorry if they're not great to begin with but I'm sure I’ll learn as I go along.

If you think this blog may interest you by all means follow and share with your friends. I would love for you to comment telling me a bit about yourself and what your favourite books and authors are. You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest for updates (links at the side and down below).


Thank you for reading and I hope you will join me on my blogging journey!



Social Media Links -
These are very much a work in progress still and will get better with time!

No comments:

Post a Comment