Sunday 15 February 2015

Liebster Award: Discover new blogs!


The Liebster Award is a great little networking tag for bloggers to let their followers get to know them better and discover new and exciting blogs. I was nominated by Ashton over at Beauty, Books and Babble (a really great blog that you should check out!)

Here are the rules:
Link the person that nominated you.
Answer all the questions given.
Nominate 11 other blogs with less than 200 bloglovin followers.
Create 11 questions for the nominees to answer.
Notify all the other nominees through social media/their blog.

I'm still pretty new to the blogging world and don’t really know many blogs yet but I’ll be nominating a few that I've come across recently and really like.

Here are the questions that Ashton asked me:

1. What do you enjoy about blogging?
I think it's just a really neat idea to get my thoughts and review out there on the internet for others to (hopefully) enjoy. I've been writing book reviews for a few years now, but never thought to create a blog before this year. I wish I'd done it sooner because I'm really enjoying it. Also, I think it'll be really nice to look back on my blog many years from now and see what I was reading back then :)

2. Is there a book you've recently read that sticks in your mind?
There's 3 (is that cheating :p). The Iron-Jawed Boy series by Nikolas Lee. Nikolas approached me on Goodreads last year to read and review his books and they really are brilliant! 'The Iron-Jawed Boy', 'The Hand of the Moon' and 'The Siege of Sol' are a middle-grade fantasy series and they are so freaking good! I'm planning on writing a blog post about them soon.

3. What's your favourite thing to eat?
Crisps. I definitely prefer savoury food to sweet and would pick a bag of crisps over chocolate any day!

4. Do you have an odd or surprising hobby?
I'm into amateur dramatics and am a member of a few local groups. I've done a few pantomimes and plays over the past few years but I've kind of drifted away from it at the moment. Hoping to get back into acting soon :) 

5. If I told you to plan a holiday where money is no issue, where would you go?
New York! It's number 1 on my places I want to visit list. I would also really like to visit Rome and Athens. 

6. Wild nights on the town or cosy nights in with pyjamas?
Nights in every time. I'm not really one for going out and would rather stay home with a cup of tea and a good book :)

7. Are there any TV series you're addicted to, current or past?
At the moment I'm really loving The 100, Elementary and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. As for past series, I love Stargate and Firefly. I'm a big fan of sci-fi and fantasy so I'll pretty much love anything under those genres :)

8. Do you have a plan in case of a zombie apocalypse?
I don't personally but some of my work colleagues have come up with a plan. So if the zombie apocalypse begins while I'm at work then I should be ok :p

9. If you could only use one make-up item, what would it be?
I don't really wear much make-up but if I could only pick one then it would be concealer.

10. Summer or winter?
Winter, so long as I don't have to go outside! I love nothing more than being snuggled up in a blanket with a book :)

11. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
I honestly don't know how to answer that... :p


The blogs that I am going to nominate are:
The Candid Cover
Bookshelf Battle
Never Ending Books
Girl in the Pages
Disquietus Reads

Not quite 11 blogs, but oh well! :)

The questions I would like you to answer are:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. Is there are book or series that you love to re-read over and over again?
3. If you were stuck on a desert island and could only pick 3 things to have with you, what would they be?
4. Do you have any pets?
5. What is the best book you've read so far this year?
6. How did you come up with the name for your blog?
7. What's your favourite smell?
8. Book or Kindle?
9. Any favourite book quotations?
10. If you had a pet dragon, what would you name it?
11. And finally, tell me a strange or unusual fact about yourself!

I look forward to reading all your answers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment